Friday, June 15, 2012

BD: [ End-Elisabeth]


After, I can say it, years of impatient waiting, this comics book is finally out! From a collection that I particularly love In the Soleil editions: Metamorphose. End main them is Death, but also mutation and transformation. I have nothing to say about the graphics a part that it leave you speechless... Amazingly detailed, pretty faithful to the style it was inspired from ( art nouveau mainly) and with such a mastery of the color that I spend a very long time just looking at the pictures (actually that was more than nothing to say). Little negative point to the book, let's not get lost in admiration, the Original language is Italian and I think it have lost a lot poetry at the translation, plus the texts polices and the graphic conception of the "bubbles" is really out of place next to the amazing visual... Fortunately the book itself stay and amazing object, with details all over it from the choice of the paper to the relief effect, nothing has been left to chance.
For the story itself, it's the first tome , it make it mysterious, you meet different persons none of them being completely introduced and while you turn the pages you slowly discover everyone trough the others discussions. You also get to understand the context and the reason of what's happening slowly trough each sequences. In my opinion it serve very well the story mystery; you have to observe and to look for informations to slowly forge your knowledges... Saying it's like a study would be too much but it's nearly how I felt while reading. Discovering amazing new things about a subjects I'd be super curious about: it's passion.  I'm pretty sure  you can read my enthusiasm trough those lines even after the tiny deception of the text matters so I can only suggest you to give it a try and read it!



1 comment:

gaet said...

Ca a l'air sympa, en effet. C'est de nouveau Canepa, elle a quand même un style bien à elle, celle-là, hein...